Air ambulance takes seriously injured driver to hospital after A1 (M) smash south of Stevenage
THE Herts Air Ambulance takes off from the southbound carriageway of the A1 (M) this morning with the emergency services in the background attending to the injured from a five-car smash that blocked the motorway between junctions 6 and 4 during t
THE Herts Air Ambulance takes off from the southbound carriageway of the A1 (M) this morning with the emergency services in the background attending to the injured from a five-car smash that blocked the motorway between junctions 6 and 4 during the rush hour.
The helicopter was used to fly a male casualty with life-threatening injuries to a London hospital.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson who attended the incident said: "When our paramedics arrived, they found a man who was in a critical condition. He was being cared for by an off-duty London Ambulance Service paramedic who was on his way home and stopped to help.
"The man was treated and stabilised extensively at the roadside by a team of paramedics and two doctors from the air ambulance before being airlifted to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel.
You may also want to watch:
"All the emergency services at the scene worked very hard to treat the injured man. I would also like to pass on my thanks to the off duty paramedic and district nurse who stopped to help on behalf of the ambulance service. Their help was very much appreciated.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style