Air ambulance lands in Stevenage for second time today after man suffers leg injury
The East of England Ambulance Service this afternoon called upon the assistance of the Hertfordshire Air Ambulance for the second time today in Stevenage. Paramedics were alerted to a private address on the Great Ashby estate at 1.36pm, after a man had be
The East of England Ambulance Service this afternoon called upon the assistance of the Hertfordshire Air Ambulance for the second time today in Stevenage.
Paramedics were alerted to a private address on the Great Ashby estate at 1.36pm, after a man had been injured in a house.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson who attended the incident said: "A man sustained a serious leg injury which required a doctor to stabilise him further at the scene. The air ambulance was called and landed in a nearby playground. The man was treated extensively at the scene by a team of paramedics and a doctor before being taken to the Lister hospital in Stevenage by a land ambulance."
Mr Sanderson added: "The helicopter landing in a playground certainly attracted a very large crowd of curious children and their parents.
You may also want to watch:
"Once again today, the use of the helicopter has been really beneficial to patients. This man required additional pain relief to stabilise his injuries, which the doctor from the aircraft was able to do before moving him to the ambulance."
This morning the air ambulance was called to take a cyclist, injured on London Road, Stevenage, after colliding with a car outside the B&Q store, to Queen's Hospital Romford for treatment to a severe head injury.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 5 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 8 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5