NHDC’s Healthy Hub to focus support on coronavirus advice
- Credit: Archant
North Herts District Council has changed one of its core services to provide a dedicated place to provide residents with information, advice and support on coronavirus.
Healthy Hub North Herts, which usually serves as a “one stop shop” for physical and mental health issues, will now be centered on the coronavirus pandemic.
The hub’s new, specific advice will focus on: Staying mentally and physically well while at home, ensuring access to essential items such as food or medication, providing ideas on how to entertain children and offering advice on volunteering opportunities.
Cllr Judi Billing, NHDC’s executive member for community engagement said: “It’s a really worrying time for everyone, so please remember that if you need help, you are not alone.
“The knowledgeable Healthy Hub team can offer tips and advice about how to cope, direct you towards any support you may need and let you know how you can volunteer to help others, so do get in touch with them and they will be very happy to listen and help.”
You may also want to watch:
The hub first launched in January, with help from Herts County Council funding. You can access their services on 01462 474111, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or on their website.
- 1 Confirmation that Stevenage Five Guys restaurant is coming soon
- 2 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 3 Appeal to sign petition over future of ancient woodland in Stevenage
- 4 Donations pour in for memorial garden in tribute to teacher who died from COVID-19
- 5 Man arrested after crashing into tree and fleeing scene in Hitchin
- 6 Dogwalker dismayed after discovering more than 50 bags of poo on his walk
- 7 Police appeal for witnesses after Hitchin robbery
- 8 'Incredible community spirit' pays for boy's medical chest brace after shock diagnosis
- 9 Letchworth Rugby Club rocked by death of two huge and well-loved stalwarts
- 10 Fundraising Batman cycles across three villages in bid to lose weight