Addict died after taking lethal mix of drugs and booze
A HEROIN user died after taking a lethal mix of drugs and alcohol. Andrew Durrant, 36, was found at The Oval car park in Stevenage at 9.30pm on April 28. At an inquest, held in Hatfield last Thursday, Hertfordshire coroner Edward Thomas heard that Mr Dur
A HEROIN user died after taking a lethal mix of drugs and alcohol.
Andrew Durrant, 36, was found at The Oval car park in Stevenage at 9.30pm on April 28.
At an inquest, held in Hatfield last Thursday, Hertfordshire coroner Edward Thomas heard that Mr Durrant was found slumped over the passenger seat of a car in the main car park at The Oval.
It is believed a friend called 999 and then left the scene. Mr Durrant was taken to Lister Hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
You may also want to watch:
The Peugeot car, which did not belong to him, was found to contain two needles and drug paraphernalia.
According to medical records, Mr Durrant had used drugs for 15 years.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 7 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
Dc Paul Ambrose told the inquest that Mr Durrant had been drinking "extensively" before his death.
He turned up at the North Hertfordshire Sanctuary in Nightingale Road in Hitchin, a drop in centre where he had been staying, but was turned away for being drunk.
It is believed he then went with two friends to take drugs. Toxicology results showed he was two and a half times over the legal drink drive limit.
He also had heroin and methadone in his system.
The coroner gave the cause of death as alcohol and drug toxicity.
He said the mixture had "depressed his respiratory system which had led to death."
Verdict: Accidental death.