Aching but elated: Emma Kennedy looks back on performing non-stop for 27 hours for Red Nose Day, and that Gillian Anderson back shave challenge
- Credit: Archant
Comedy writer and reality show champ Emma Kennedy is recovering this week after successfully completing her biggest challenge yet for Red Nose Day.
The former Hitchin Girls’ School pupil who spent her childhood years in Stevenage finished a marathon 27 hours on stage to raise funds for this year’s Comic Relief.
Emma said: “It was so gruelling it was ridiculous. I think I went a bit bonkers for a few hours through lack of sleep. I can’t believe we beat our record of 25 hours we achieved in 2013.
“We had so many celebrity guests. Gillian Anderson from serial killer drama The Fall was fantastic. It was all very surreal.
“She was due to shave a man’s hairy back with shaving foam – but there was no shaving foam to hand so we had to use hand churned butter as a lubricant.
You may also want to watch:
“The reason we had hand-churned butter to hand? Because we had a man on the corner of the stage making churned butter of course. It was great fun and we raised more than £80,000 on the night – with a lot more to come.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 3 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 4 Council criticised for 'shoddy' underpass paint job
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 7 Glimpses of the past: Exploring Hitchin from 1910 - 1950
- 8 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 9 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 10 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week