Accidental verdict recorded after woman, 23, falls to her death from Magaluf balcony
- Credit: Archant
A WOMAN who fell to her death from a hotel balcony in Majorca may have been trying to climb onto a neighbouring balcony, an inquest has heard.
Charlotte Faris, of Valley Road in Codicote, died after falling from a third floor balcony at the Teix Hotel, in party resort Magaluf.
The 23-year-old had arrived late the previous evening with a friend, Kayleigh Brown, who gave evidence during the inquest at Hatfield Coroner’s Court yesterday (Thursday).
The pair had been drinking throughout the day, and started consuming alcohol at the airport before their flight, on May 4 last year.
They continued drinking on the flight and went to a bar after arriving at the resort, where they had beer and shots.
You may also want to watch:
Feeling unwell, Miss Faris returned to the hotel.
Deputy coroner Graham Danbury said he was drawn to the conclusion that Miss Faris may have been trying to climb onto another balcony when she fell.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
“It is another tragic instance of the dangers of people going on holidays such as this, consuming vast amounts of alcohol and coming to their grief,” he said.
In recording a verdict of accidental death, he added: “Charlotte’s ability to judge what was safe and what was not safe was impaired by alcohol.”
Following the inquest, Miss Faris’ family issued a statement which read: “Over one year on from this tragic incident we are still coming to terms with the loss of our beautiful Charlotte, who had her whole life ahead of her. We would like to thank family, friends and the police for all of the support they have given us during what has been the most difficult time of our lives.
“Charlotte will remain within our hearts forever, and although nothing will bring her back, we continue to gain comfort from the kindness of people that surround us. We will never forget her.”