Access to Stevenage’s Lister Hospital temporarily restricted as man on roof threatened to harm himself
- Credit: Archant
Access to Lister Hospital in Stevenage was restricted this morning after a man got on the roof of one of the buildings and was threatening to harm himself.
An eyewitness estimated up to nine police cars were called to the hospital in Coreys Mill Lane at about 7am after a man was spotted on a roof about 30ft up from the ground.
A police spokesman said: “Officers attended and significant efforts were made to bring the man to safety by around 8.15am.
“Access to the hospital was restricted during the incident.”
A hospital visitor told the Comet: “When I went into the hospital at about 7.20am it was going on then and when I came out at 8am there were still three police officers up on the roof.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve never seen so many police cars in my life, there must have been eight or nine there.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 7 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 8 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn