Abandoned dog finds happy home thanks to Kimpton’s Blue Cross pet charity
- Credit: Archant
A Rottweiler pup dumped outside a police station on Christmas Day has had a change of fortune and is now loving life with her new owner.
Candi was taken to the Blue Cross pet charity in Kimpton after being tied up and abandoned outside Hatfield Police Station.
Candi arrived at the rehoming centre unneutered and came into season during her stay, putting a delay on her being found a new home.
A dedicated team gave the one-year-old pooch some much-needed TLC and, six months later, things are looking up for the pooch after being paired with new owner John Cooper.
John visited Candi nearly every day with his family until she was ready to go home.
You may also want to watch:
Centre manager, Kellie Brookes, said: “Candi is a beautiful, affectionate girl and we all fell in love with her.
“She would get so excited to see her new owner, John, it was the joy of her day.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
“It’s amazing to be able to see a dog go from being homeless to being so very happy and loved. It’s an incredible thing and why we do what we do.”
Candi is now fantastic with people, despite having been abandoned, and loves to play.
John said: “I lost a Labrador after almost 14 years and was devastated. It left a hole in my life and I knew I just had to fill it.
“We were a bit undecided about the type of dog we wanted and contemplated a smaller one, but then I saw Candi and thought she was lovely.
“When we were told her history it really reinforced our desire to give her a stable home where she could thrive.
“When I met her things only improved. She just wanted to play, but was also gentle and loved being petted.
“I find it so hard to believe someone could have abandoned this beautiful animal but, in a way, I am glad as it brought her into our lives.”
To find out more about the pets helped by the Blue Cross, to rehome one, or to make a donation towards their care, visit www.bluecross.org.uk, call the centre on 0300 777 1490 or email email@example.com.