A505 shut in both directions after two-car crash between Hitchin and Luton
- Credit: Archant
The A505 was shut in both directions this morning after a two-car crash just outside Hitchin.
A silver Ford Mondeo and a grey Vauxhall Astra were involved in the collision, which occurred on the A505 Offley Road at the junction of Carters Lane – formerly known as Wibbly Wobbly Lane.
Although the crash took place on the carriageway heading towards Luton, the A505 was initially closed in both directions as the cars ended up on opposite sides of the road.
The eastbound section – heading towards Hitchin – has now reopened.
Police officers, an ambulance and the fire service have all been called to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A woman has been taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage as a precaution. She is not thought to be seriously injured.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years