A505: Man airlifted to hospital following crash near Hitchin
- Credit: Google Maps
A man was airlifted to hospital following a crash between a car and a motorbike at the Carters Lane junction of the A505.
The incident occurred prior to 2.18pm, when the police were called on Saturday (April 30).
The man was taken to hospital with what was described as "serious injuries".
The police are now appealing for witnesses, or anyone who may have dash cam footage of the crash.
A spokesperson from Hertfordshire Police said: "Police are appealing for witnesses and information following a two-vehicle road traffic collision near Hitchin.
"Officers were called by the ambulance service at 2.18pm today (30 April) to reports of a collision involving a car and a motorbike on the A505 carriageway at the junction of Carters Lane heading from Hitchin to Luton.
"A man has been airlifted to hospital with serious injuries.
- 1 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 2 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 3 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 4 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 5 Lloyds Bank in Letchworth to shut as closures announced across the UK
- 6 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
- 7 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 8 World IBD Day: Crohn's disease sufferer speaks out
- 9 Woman left with injuries after dog attack in Woolmer Green
- 10 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
"Officers are appealing for witnesses and anyone who may have dashcam footage of the collision to contact them. You report information online, use online web chat, or call our non-emergency number 101 quoting ISR 402 of 30 April.
"Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or visit their website."