Police deal with A1(M) crash between Welwyn and Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Police are dealing with a three-vehicle crash on the A1(M) between Welwyn and Stevenage this morning, which has resulted in a lane closure.
Highways England is warning motorists to expect delays.
In a tweet, at about 9.10am, Highways England confirmed that lane one was still closed on the southbound carriageway between Junction 7 for Stevenage and Junction 6 for Welwyn.
The tweet continued: “Traffic was stopped while @HertsPolice attended a collision.
“Traffic has been released in lane two however lane one remains closed while they continue to deal.
“Delays on the approach so please plan ahead.”
A police spokesman said: “We were called at 8.33am this morning about a three-vehicle road traffic collision on the A1(M) at Junction 7 southbound.
- 1 New date for Stevenage Marks & Spencer opening
- 2 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 3 Couple sentenced for theft and fraud after stealing from elderly victims
- 4 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 5 Bag a bargain for charity! £1.50 per kilo at air ambulance warehouse sale
- 6 Two boys arrested after police helicopter search
- 7 Seriously injured assault victim waited FOUR hours in ambulance outside Lister
- 8 Graffiti artist's NHS tribute in Stevenage underpass
- 9 Driver disqualified after admitting to drinking wine at the wheel
- 10 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
“One vehicle was on its side.
“The vehicles involved were a Honda, VW and a Renault.”