Stevenage studio to host first summer fair – a year after sewage incident
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
A free summer fair is being held at a Stevenage music studio this weekend, a year on from a “soul-destroying” flood which left the premises needing a complete refurbishment.
After sewage flooded SoundView Studios in Stevenage last June, owner Carl Dawson feared the worst.
He was forced to close SoundView for nine weeks, not knowing if he would ever be able to re-open.
READ MORE: Raw sewage floods Stevenage music studioBut having undergone a revamp, Carl will proudly open his doors for the family-friendly summer fair - which will see businesses setting up stalls, offering something for everyone.
"Now we are back on our feet and looking forward to the future," he said.
"We are excited about opening our doors to the local community."
You may also want to watch:
The Orange Tree Pub in Hitchin will also be offering a 'Busker's corner' on the day.
SoundView's free summer fair will run from from 11am to 4pm on Sunday, June 23.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Halloween trail set for Letchworth this half term