A touch of Frost for new division
IT may be spring but a touch of Frost is coming to Mid Beds. Fortunately, it is not of the icy variety but the new police commander for the area Chief Superintendent Andy Frost. The old Bedfordshire Constabulary B Division which covered Biggleswade, Sandy
IT may be spring but a touch of Frost is coming to Mid Beds.
Fortunately, it is not of the icy variety but the new police commander for the area Chief Superintendent Andy Frost.
The old Bedfordshire Constabulary B Division which covered Biggleswade, Sandy, Potton and other towns and villages in the eastern half of Mid Beds has now been absorbed into the new and much larger J Division from this week. This will also include Shefford, Arlesey, Henlow, Clifton, Stotfold, Langford and Shillington
Ch Supt Frost has promised strong, robust policing in the division with strong links with all communities to reflect the new policing policies in the division in an attempt to reduce the fear of crime.
You may also want to watch:
"The new working practices, operating bases and structure of senior and middle managers will be decided over the coming months," said Ch Supt Frost.
"A communication and consultation plan will be devised and disseminated which will ensure the community is kept updated on changes.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 9 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
"The merger of B and D Divisions is a substantial piece of work that will take the majority of this year to introduce."
The new division will be run on a two-sub-division basis until the new command structure is agreed. Supt Nigel Tompkins will command the northern sub-division which covers Biggleswade, Sandy and Potton, from police headquarters in Bedford.
Staff in the new division will carry out a full review of the way in which they communicate within the constabulary and the community on a number of issues.
Ch Supt Frost added: "J Division will strive to provide a quality policing service, aiming to reduce and detect crime, roll out safe neighbourhood teams and reduce the fear of crime as well as handle the merger issues.
"This is a challenge and one that I know Bedfordshire police, working with the community, will tackle with enthusiasm and commitment.