‘A time for joy, a time for tears, a time we’ll treasure through the years’ Hitchin pre-school marks ‘Graduation Day’
- Credit: Archant
There were cheers all round after around 30 youngsters ‘graduated’ from a Hitchin pre-school.
Strathmore Pre-School, in Old Hale Way, held a leavers’ party at The Angels in Bedford Road – with a graduation ceremony complete with mortarboard hats.
A large number of parents attended the event, which saw the children enjoying arts and crafts activities, as well as having fun in the soft play area and outside play garden.
Diane Grazette, head of the pre-school, told the Comet: “The day was fantastic.
“The children had a lot of fun, the atmosphere was brilliant and they all enjoyed it.
You may also want to watch:
“It took us a couple of months to make the mortarboard hats. They were made up of black paper and strings and looked great.”
Teacher Naomi Stokes added: “The children absolutely loved it.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
“It’s always a happy time, but it’s also tinged with a bit of emotion as the children leave to go to nursery classes around Hitchin.
“There were lots of smiles, but it was a bit emotional too in a nice way.”
There was a special visit from Peppa Pig to add to the excitement that attracted a lot of attention from the children.
Boss Diane added: “Strathmore Pre-School would like to thank The Angels staff for their help during the event, and Imagica Theatre Company for providing Peppa Pig.”