A masterful effort in Hitchin’s young chefs contest at North Herts College
- Credit: Archant
A cooking contest held at North Herts College in Hitchin for talented young chefs was a huge hit at the weekend.
A junior ‘MasterChef’ competition took place at the college’s Cambridge Road campus on Saturday as keen-as-mustard youngsters cooked up a treat.
The event, organised by Tilehouse Hitchin Rotary Club was hosted at NHC’s Hart Kitchen, with all the food donated by Waitrose in Bedford Road.
While fellow judge Graham Chatham – who has 26 years experience as a top chef including working at The Langham – added: “I was very impressed, they were organised, very calm and the standard of cooking was to be applauded.”
Susie Taylor, who led the Rotary team, was thrilled with how the event panned out. She said: “It was a team effort. Tilehouse volunteers, NHC and Waitrose have been amazing – the kids and parents loved the whole experience. Everyone is already looking forward to Junior Chef 2018!”
You may also want to watch:
Andrew Thorpe, proud parent of one of the gifted young chefs, said: “I was really impressed by the standard of cooking and the focus of all the competitors. The skills they demonstrated were far beyond their years. As someone who loves food, well done to everybody!”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 9 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 10 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair