‘A man was walking around with blood on his head’ – Fight breaks out in Hitchin bar
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 30s was taken to hospital after a fight at a late-night bar and restaurant in Hitchin.
Police were called to Hermitage Rd Bar and Restaurant at around 11.15pm on Saturday night after a fight broke out on the premises.
An eyewitness who was drinking in the bar at the time said: “There were a lot of people crowding around the bar area when the fight broke out and it caused a big commotion as they were separated.
“Because of the amount of people there it was hard to see who was involved, and who was just trying to separate things.
“A man was walking around with blood coming from a cut on his head. Most diners had stopped eating their meals to take a look at what had gone on.” Another eyewitness added: “Things like this do not normally happen in places like Hermitage Road. It’s a complete one-off.”
You may also want to watch:
The victim had injuries to his head, mouth and hands, and was taken to hospital.
Investigations are ongoing and so far no arrests have been made.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 8 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 9 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 10 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
Anyone with information can call police on non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference number G1/15/225.