A Levels: Stratton Upper School
STUDENTS at Stratton Upper School are celebrating their A-level successes as many prepare to head off to university. The Biggleswade school secured an overall pass rate of 98.7 per cent – an increase of 1.2 per cent on last year, with 69.6 per cent of stu
STUDENTS at Stratton Upper School are celebrating their A-level successes as many prepare to head off to university.
The Biggleswade school secured an overall pass rate of 98.7 per cent - an increase of 1.2 per cent on last year, with 69.6 per cent of students achieving grades A to C.
Head teacher Neil Bramwell said: "We are proud of all our students. Overall they have done well and we have averaged a C grade which is great. The results reflect the combined efforts of the students and the teachers."
The school's top achiever, Dominique Braybrookes, got four A grades and one B and is heading off to Oxford University to study history.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "I was so nervous about getting the results so it's a real relief. I got what I was predicted to get but I didn't think I was going to make it. My mum will be really proud."
Another student, Louise Baker, secured a place on a textile design course at Southampton University after getting two A grades, one B and one C.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 3 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 6 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 7 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
She said: "I'm really pleased and a bit shocked. I wasn't expecting it. I was so nervous last night I couldn't sleep. Most of our year is going out tonight so I'll definitely be celebrating.