A-Levels: Heathcote School
RESULTS were significantly up on last year representing a big step forward in the success of the school s sixth form. Tom Masters, who achieved Bs in biology, chemistry and mathematics, will go on to study biochemistry at Warwick University and complete p
RESULTS were significantly up on last year representing a big step forward in the success of the school's sixth form.
Tom Masters, who achieved Bs in biology, chemistry and mathematics, will go on to study biochemistry at Warwick University and complete post graduate work in medicine.
Simon Gross, who got As in maths and physics and a B in biology, said: "I got exactly what I wanted to go on to study physics at Imperial College in London."
Ben Strahan, who will study maths at Loughborough, said that a year ago he wasn't sure if he wanted to go to university, but having achieved an A in maths and Bs in physics and psychology, "is really looking forward to it".
You may also want to watch:
Ben will join the mathematics faculty at Loughborough with his friend Liam Mower who also got an A in maths, a B in psychology and a C in biology. Liam said that he was "very, very pleased" with his results.
Headteacher Edward Gaynor said: "We congratulate all our sixth form students on their results.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
"This is a day to celebrate their success and to thank families for their vital support.
"We are fortunate to enjoy strong working relationships with parents, our partner schools and the wider business and learning community.