A-Levels: Barclay School
LAURA Presland and Stephen Fawcett have been friends since they were five and were at Barclay School together last Thursday to pick up their A-level results. Laura got three A grades and one B grade. She is off to study anatomical science at Bristol Unive
LAURA Presland and Stephen Fawcett have been friends since they were five and were at Barclay School together last Thursday to pick up their A-level results. Laura got three A grades and one B grade. She is off to study anatomical science at Bristol University.
She said: "We both worked really hard. It's been a hard few years, and we're delighted that we are both going to our first choice universities.
"I am just really looking forward to going to university now, living in halls and studying in Bristol. It's the first time living away from family and friends and it's going to be really exciting.
"I will definitely be going out tonight and celebrating with a few friends."
You may also want to watch:
Stephen got three A grades, one B grade, one AS grade. He is off to study natural sciences at University College, London.
He said: "It's great that we have done really well, and we are both off to university."
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 3 Council criticised for 'shoddy' underpass paint job
- 4 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 Glimpses of the past: Exploring Hitchin from 1910 - 1950
- 7 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 10 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
The school assistant headteacher and director of post-16 at the school, David Oxley, said: "We are absolutely delighted. The vast majority of students did at least as well as expected and we are very pleased about that