A-level results: St Christopher School, Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at St Christopher’s School have been praised for achieving an ‘outstanding’ set of A -level results this morning.
Three quarters of all grades achieved by students at the Letchworth school were A*s, As or Bs and 43 per cent were A* or A.
Star performers included Thomas Tunstall who achieved four A*s and an A-grade in the extended project qualification, Sarah Lawrie who secured three As, an A* and an A in the extended project qualification, Callum Bols who bagged three A*s and Malik Norgan who got 2 A*s and an A.
Headteacher Richard Palmer said: “These results are the culmination of two years of very hard work.
“We are all very proud that 43 per cent of all grades are A or A*. This is particularly impressive for a school that is not narrowly academically selective and one that welcomes boys and girls from the same family on that basis.
“There are many success stories where the student has not achieved the very highest grades but where they have exceeded their expectations and we are equally proud of them.
“We congratulate all of our pupils and look forward to following the next steps in their education. With our new sixth Form Centre and record numbers in our lower sixth next year we are looking forward to maintaining and building on our excellent standards and striving to provide the very best sixth form experience for our young men and women.
- 1 A-level results 2022: Schools in Stevenage and North Herts share successes
- 2 Body found in wooded area of Stevenage
- 3 Residents show 'strong support' for TK Maxx relocation plans
- 4 Man allegedly assaulted and robbed woman in Stevenage park
- 5 Man 'assaulted' and hit by chair in Baldock service station
- 6 Recap: Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel due to 'incidents'
- 7 Which Thameslink trains are running during the RMT strike?
- 8 'My mum was eligible for Covid-19 drugs - so why didn't she get them?'
- 9 Four Vauxhall cars stolen in North Herts
- 10 A-level results 2022: When is results day and what can I expect?
“By providing a challenging co-educational sixth form experience we believe that this prepares our students for the next stages in their lives.”