A-LEVEL RESULTS: John Henry Newman School, Stevenage
JOHN Henry Newman School is “thrilled” with its “tremendous results” after 99.2 per cent of students achieved a pass rate of A*-E.
A total of 165 students took A-level exams at the Stevenage school this year with at least 70 per cent of those gaining a place at their first choice university.
The pass rate of A*-C was 84 per cent.
Charlie Anderson, director of the sixth form, said: “We are thrilled with this year’s A-level results. Our students have achieved tremendous results.
“At least 70 per cent of our students gained a place at their first choice university, which we are especially pleased about in this particularly competitive year.
You may also want to watch:
“The students and staff have worked incredibly hard and thoroughly deserve this success, which could never have been achieved without the exceptional support of our parents.”
A breakdown of the school’s pass rate has not yet been made available.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal