A-LEVEL RESULTS: Barnwell School, Stevenage
YEAR 13 students at Barnwell School achieved a 94 per cent A*-E pass rate, with headteacher Vivien Swaida prasing their “immense hard work”.
Most students at the Stevenage school who applied for university have gained a place, while all 33 students taking a Level 3 BTEC qualification obtained a pass or better.
Ms Swaida said: “I am delighted by the results achieved by students at Barnwell School. There are many happy students that have achieved and surpassed their targets, allowing them to progress to their chosen career path.
“All of our successes are a tribute to the immense hard work and commitment of our students, staff and parents.”
Individual successes include Devang Parmer (A*, A*, A*, A), Stuart Beake (A, A, A, C), Roma Patel (A*, A, A) and Tom Marsland (A, A, B).
You may also want to watch:
Bradley Ashby, Charley Hamilton, Aaron Milner and Amy Pring all achieved triple distinction at Level 3 BTEC Diploma. Year 12 students achieved a 71 per cent pass rate in AS and equivalent qualifications.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 5 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 8 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 9 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 10 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child