A-level results 2015: Princess Helena College, Preston
- Credit: Archant
A girls school near Hitchin gained its best A-level results in five years this morning.
Pupils at Princess Helena College, Preston, achieved excellent grades overall, including 42 per cent of marks at A* or A, and 65 per cent A* to B.
Head Sue Wallace-Woodroffe said: “We are thrilled to see the upper sixth girls gain such fantastic results.
“They have been a wonderful group of girls and deserve to feel proud of their achievements.”
Delighted student Maria Minchenko, 18, said: “My biggest dream has come true! I am graduating from school full of happiness and gratitude for the time I spent at PHC, and I look forward to going off to study Japanese at Oxford University.”
Another pupil, Libby Ward, also 18, said: “I’m shocked but overjoyed with my A*AA– it’s better than I expected. PHC has supported me so much over the last six years I have been here – and I have to thank all my teachers and staff for the work they have put in to help me get my place at Warwick University.”
PHC pupil Emma Kendall, 18, added: “I am just so relieved and amazed with my results. It doesn’t feel real!
- 1 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 2 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 3 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 4 Decision on controversial Lord Lister application deferred
- 5 Stevenage school in 'area of huge deprivation' wins national award
- 6 Programme of one-off summer workshops at The Settlement
- 7 Hitchin Lavender named the most Instagrammed floral location in UK
- 8 Permanent parking loss if outdoor seating plans approved
- 9 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 10 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
“I’m going to my first choice university, Leeds, with a year abroad – I’m over the moon.”