A lesson in goods delivery
SUPPLIERS to the country s biggest supermarket chain are being schooled in getting their products to the shelves on time and making their businesses better. The person chosen to educate Tesco s suppliers is Potton housewife Judy Oliver who is bringing a n
SUPPLIERS to the country's biggest supermarket chain are being schooled in getting their products to the shelves on time and making their businesses better.
The person chosen to educate Tesco's suppliers is Potton housewife Judy Oliver who is bringing a new dimension to business acumen to many companies.
Working from her home in King Street in the town, Mrs Oliver has devised a programme which gets the maximum success from even the smallest business so both Tesco and the supplier can benefit.
Mrs Oliver devised her Leaders Unlimited programme which attracted Tesco's top brass. Now once a month their suppliers of fresh produce are schooled in how to improve their business with the supermarket.
You may also want to watch:
"The course produces a greater understanding and better relationship between the supplier and Tesco and a closer working partnership can benefit everyone," said Mrs Oliver.
"So far the course has been very successful. It has been accepted by businesses in a very tough environment and helps horticulturists and farmers face up to the challenges of leadership in business.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
"Supermarkets have high expectations of suppliers and only the best survive and for Tesco to have recognised my course and want to take it on board is very exciting.