A leading spokesman
THIS is Stevenage mayor Simon Speller five days into his 14-day charity cycle from Land s End to John O Groats. Simon stopped off at the Sue Ryder Care Centre, at Stagenhoe Park, St Paul s Walden near Whitwell on Saturday for a barbecue and fundraising e
THIS is Stevenage mayor Simon Speller five days into his 14-day charity cycle from Land's End to John O'Groats.
Simon stopped off at the Sue Ryder Care Centre, at Stagenhoe Park, St Paul's Walden near Whitwell on Saturday for a barbecue and fundraising event during his 1,168-mile challenge.
Before he set off, Simon, who is hoping to raise £5,000 for the centre, said: "The Land End's to John O'Groats ride is one of the great challenges in this country.
"Despite the daunting distances involved it can be done if you are determined enough and are reasonably fit!
You may also want to watch:
"I'm doing it not just to raise money for Sue Ryder Care and my other charities, but also to draw attention to the great work they do right across the country."
The charity provides long-term nursing care and respite care for people with neurological conditions including multiple sclerosis, Huntington's disease and stroke
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 4 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 7 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 10 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
Sue Ryder Care fundraiser David Bundy said: "Without the generosity of Simon and those who support him we would not be able to continue to provide the high level of support given to our residents by our dedicated care staff."
l Visit www.justgiving.com/ simonspeller to make a donation or make a cash donation at Stevenage Borough Council's reception in Daneshill House.