A journey back in time
IT S all aboard to yesteryear next weekend. The annual Classic Bus Day takes place in Stevenage on Sunday (June 7). Now in its 11th year, it has grown to become a major event where adults and children can enjoy travelling in vehicles that normally can onl
IT'S all aboard to yesteryear next weekend.
The annual Classic Bus Day takes place in Stevenage on Sunday (June 7).
Now in its 11th year, it has grown to become a major event where adults and children can enjoy travelling in vehicles that normally can only be found in museums.
There will be special services using two rare double decker buses of the type which operated in the Stevenage area in the 1950s and 1960s. There will also be a service on the once popular Green Line 716 route from Hitchin, via Stevenage Bus Station, to Welwyn Garden City.
You may also want to watch:
Connections from both Stevenage and Welwyn Garden City to Hertford will run all day, allowing passengers to complete the triangular route.
All buses will depart from and return to Stevenage Bus Station and highlights will include the scenic 384 Stevenage to Hertford route operated by 1950s single decker buses.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
Places on all buses are free and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. The number of trips this year has been increased as many journeys last year were full up.
There is an extensive programme throughout the day with around 25 buses running across the network of services. It all it starts at 11am and finishes at 5pm. If you would like to plan your journey you can purchase a programme from Stevenage Museum, available from noon on Thursday, or at the bus station on the day.
Daneshill House, Danestrete, Stevenage, Hertfordshire SG1 1HN
Tel: (01438) 242300 Fax: (01438) 242073
Press Release - 1019 - May 09 - classic bus - DP