A handy £750 for Garden House Hospice Care after Letchworth Rotarians’ bridge tournament
- Credit: Archant
Letchworth-based Garden House Hospice Care is to benefit from £750 raised by a bridge tournament.
Letchworth Howard Rotary Club president Colin Green visited the hospice in Gillison Close on Monday to present the cheque, the proceeds of the club’s annual bridge contest.
He took advantage of the fine weather to enjoy the hospice gardens – a haven for patients, visitors and staff alike, maintained in immaculate order by an army volunteers.
He was shown around by fundraising director Lisa Seccombe, who accepted the cheque on behalf of the hospice.
Letchworth Howard Rotary Club is closely linked to Garden House Hospice Care, with club members active in the hospice’s retail operations, patient transport and finance.
You may also want to watch:
Club secretary John Bush was a hospice trustee until his retirement.
To find out more about the hospice, which serves the communities of Stevenage and the North Herts towns and villages, see ghhospicecare.org.uk or call them on 01462 679540.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 6 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 10 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style