ROADS are to be closed in a village to allow a cavalcade of magnificent vintage vehicles to go on parade. The tribute to motoring history will be held in Haynes near Shefford on Sunday, June 25, when over 100 cars and motorbikes will burst into life and h
ROADS are to be closed in a village to allow a cavalcade of magnificent vintage vehicles to go on parade.
The tribute to motoring history will be held in Haynes near Shefford on Sunday, June 25, when over 100 cars and motorbikes will burst into life and hit the road again.
The Haynes Village 100 Gala will not just be celebrating 100 years of motoring over the 2.7 mile route but raising funds for repairs and the upkeep of the village hall.
Vehicles will be coming from as far as north Yorkshire and will include a 1903 Vauxhall, 1920s Triumph and a 1930s three-litre Bentley to a 2004 Ferrari.
You may also want to watch:
Each decade of the past century will be represented by a classic car, motorcycle, and light commercial and agricultural vehicles.
Chairman of the event who also dreamed up the idea is Adam Oliver who lives in the village.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
"I wanted to do something that was different," he said. "I love old vehicles and have one myself.
"Now we have permission to close roads around the village for two hours it will give visitors a great chance to see some wonderful historic vehicles.
Entry to the event will be free to participants as well as visitors. If you want to know more, log on to www.thehaynesvillage100.co.uk or contact Mr Oliver on 01234 381253.