99p Stores chain to open store in Hitchin next week
A BUDGET discount chain is due to open at the former B&Q site next week.
Family Bargains, which is owned by the 99p Stores chain, will open its doors on Wednesday at the Nightingale Road site.
It will be the first time in several years that the site is occupied.
The opening of the 22,916 sq ft store will create 35 jobs, with the chain working with Job Centre Plus in North Herts to fill the positions.
“Demanding value on everything – essentials, lifestyle and luxury - has become a daily part of the shopping experience in Hertfordshire and Britain today,” said Hussein Lalani, owner of the chain.
You may also want to watch:
“Our mission is to continue delivering this jaw dropping value in Hitchin, Hertfordshire and beyond.”
• The chain is looking for the “happiest family” in the town to open the store. The winning family will win �200 worth of vouchers.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 7 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 8 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 9 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
To apply, email email@example.com by next Tuesday morning.