Letchworth-based Jackie’s Drop-In first to benefit from new ‘60s club
- Credit: Archant
A new ‘60s music club is set for its first charity event in aid of Letchworth-based Jackie’s Drop-In Centre.
The Ready Steady Go Club was formed by music fan and DJ Gary Grindal and will bring events hosting either vinyl playing DJs, local bands or both.
Gary told the Comet: “In an attempt to address the lack of ’60s music events locally, I have launched a club that will host occasional events in North Herts and Stevenage.
“In keeping my support with the local community, the first event is to raise funds in support of Jackie’s Drop-In Centre.
“I was unhappy with the lack of ’60s-themed events locally, so what better way to address that than by arranging your own.
You may also want to watch:
“In setting up the club I was also mindful of the opportunity this could be to provide help to local voluntary organisations.
“I am delighted that our first event is being held to support the wonderful team at Jackie’s Drop-In.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 3 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 6 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 7 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'
“The centre has done so much to provide help and support to adults with disabilities. It is a wonderful organisation that relies so much on donations to operate.
“Hopefully this first event will be a success – I am already planning the second, which will be held in February next year.
“This is in addition to March of the Mods, which will be back at Hitchin’s Club 85 in March in support of the Teenage Cancer Trust.”
Jackie’s Drop-in supports adults with disabilities in North Herts and Stevenage with the aim to tackle social isolation, hate crime and helping using the service to learning new skills.
The Ready Steady Go Club’s first event will bring a night of classic mod, ska, beat and soul sounds through DJs Gary, Darren Squires and Leon Hewitt.
It will be held at The Four Emblems Club in Letchworth from 7.30pm on Saturday, December 1.
Tickets are £10 each and available from David’s Music and Jackie’s Drop-In Centre, both in Letchworth.
To purchase tickets online, go to wegottickets.com and search for The Ready Steady Go Club.
To keep up with the club’s upcoming ’60s music events, follow their Facebook page by searching The Ready Steady Go Club.
For more information on Jackie’s Drop-In see its Facebook page, or go to jackiesdropin.org.uk.