�3k reward over pensioner burglary case
A REWARD of up to �3000 is being offered following an aggravated burglary at the home of an 80 year-old woman.
The incident happened at a property on Fordham Close in Ashwell, when three offenders gained entry through a side door before restraining the victim.
The offenders stole jewellery - some of which is of great sentimental value and worth a substantial amount of money.
The reward is being offered by independent crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible for this incident, which left the victim bruised and shocked.
The incident happened on Tuesday, February 21, between 6.45pm and 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
Ann Scott, eastern regional manager for Crimestoppers, said: “The people responsible for this callous attack of a vulnerable lady in her own home must be brought to justice.
“If you do not want to speak to police on 101 please come forward to the independent charity Crimestoppers so this awful crime can be solved.”
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
Call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111. Alternatively, you can provide information by visiting www.crimestoppers-uk.org but rewards cannot be claimed this way.