30 evacuated from flats blaze
Over 30 people were evacuated from a block of flats after a major blaze in Letchworth GC this morning.A number of flats were destroyed in the fire in Western Way, on the Grange estate in Letchworth GC.
Over 30 people were evacuated from a block of flats after a major blaze in Letchworth GC this morning.
Two flats were destroyed in the fire in Western Way, on the Grange estate in Letchworth GC.
Eight fire crews from Stevenage, Hitchin, Baldock and St Albans attended the blaze when the alarm was raised at 6.23am.
The fire is believed to have started at the rear of the building and quickly spread to a number of flats .
You may also want to watch:
Luckily nobody was injured and everyone was successfully evacuated before the fire brigade arrived. All the rresidents who lost their homes and personal belongings were looked after at nearby Northfields School on the Grange estate.
"It was a major fire and it is a miracle nobody was killed or even injured," said Herts and Beds ambulance spokesman Gary Sanderson.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 3 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 4 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 5 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 9 'Black history should be celebrated every month, not just in October'
- 10 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?