�3,000 tribute to 26-year-old who died from leukaemia
THE mother of a man who lost his battle with leukaemia, aged 26, has raised �3,000 for charity by organising a sponsored walk in his memory. Darren Hall, who lived in a flat in Stevenage town centre with his wife, Holly, died in May 2005 – a year after he
THE mother of a man who lost his battle with leukaemia, aged 26, has raised �3,000 for charity by organising a sponsored walk in his memory.
Darren Hall, who lived in a flat in Stevenage town centre with his wife, Holly, died in May 2005 - a year after he was diagnosed with leukaemia.
Darren's mother, Angela Minett, of Briardale in Stevenage, organised a walk of 10 bridges in London this month, to raise money for Leukaemia Research.
She said Darren, who went to The Thomas Alleyne School in Stevenage, knew a lot of people.
You may also want to watch:
More than 60 of his friends and family joined together to remember him on the walk, which started from Westminister Bridge and finished at Tower Bridge.
Angela said: "I wanted to raise as much as I could for Leukaemia Research.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
"It was a very good day - there was a lot of interest and support.
"It was a nice way of remembering Darren and raising money for Leukaemia Research."
Angela is also planning a Seventies disco and a buffet on October 3, in aid of Leukaemia Research.
Tickets at �7, which include a strip of raffle tickets, go on sale on July 1.
They can be purchased by calling Angela on 01438 743101 or by emailing her at email@example.com