All three emergency services were called out overnight to deal with a fire at a pub in Graveley.

The Fire and Rescue Service received a call at 10.22pm yesterday (Wednesday, February 14) to reports of a tumble dryer on fire at the George and Dragon in Graveley's High Street.

Four fire engines and an aerial ladder platform were rushed to the scene, where firefighters confirmed a fire in a laundry room, on the first floor of the building.

They searched the building to make sure everybody had safely been evacuated, with a police spokesperson confirming that nobody was injured or trapped.


Firefighters tackled the fire, and put it out by 11.35pm. They remained at the scene until shortly after 1am to dampen down the scene.

Herts police had received a call at around 10.30pm to assist the firefighters, and they put in place road closures until around 1am.

A spokesperson said that "the cause of the fire is still being determined".

Two ambulances, three Hazardous Area Response Team (HART) vehicles and an ambulance officer vehicle were also all sent to the pub by the East of England Ambulance Service.

They did not have to treat any casualties, though the HART remained at the scene to support the firefighters.