The latest data releases from the 2021 census show how education levels and housing have changed in Stevenage since 2011.

People in Stevenage are now more likely to have higher level qualifications than they were ten years ago.

According to the latest census, 29.6 per cent of residents over the age of 16 had level 4 (degree-level or higher) qualifications, compared to 22.1 per cent in 2011.

17 per cent of residents had no qualifications in 2021, compared to 21.5 per cent in 2011.

There was also a significant rise in the percentage of people with level 3 (A-level) qualifications, up from 11.8 per cent in 2011 to 17.1 per cent in 2021.

The latest data release also included information about the houses and flats occupied by Stevenage residents.

77.6 per cent of households in 2021 lived in a whole house or bungalow, while the remaining 22.4 per cent lived in flats, maisonettes or apartments.

26.1 per cent of households in 2021 owned their home outright, four per cent more than in 2011, while 32.6 per cent owned their home with a mortgage, loan or via shared ownership - nearly five per cent less than in 2011.

Meanwhile, 26.3 per cent of households rented socially, and 15.1 per cent rented privately or lived rent free, a three per cent increase since 2011.

In 2021, 15.7 per cent of households had one bedroom, 22 per cent had two bedrooms, 46.7 per cent had three bedrooms, and 15.6 per cent had four or more bedrooms.

Compared with 2011, there was an increased percentage of one bedroom and four or more bedroom households, and a reduced percentage of three bedroom households.

A significant number of households in Stevenage in 2021 are classed as under-occupied based on the number of bedrooms and people living in each households. 31.2 per cent of households had an occupancy rating of +2 or more, meaning they had two or more spare bedrooms.

30.6 per cent had an occupancy rating of +1, 33.4 per cent had a zero occupancy rating, 4.4 per cent had a -1 occupancy rating and 0.5 per cent had a -2 or lower occupancy rating.

The figures for 2011 were broadly similar, though only 3.8 per cent of households then had an occupancy rating of -1 or lower.

More than a fifth of households (20.2 per cent) had no cars or vans in 2021, a lower figure than in 2011 (22.8).

In 2021, 41.6 per cent of households had one car or van, 28.8 per cent had two, and 9.4 percent had 3 or more.

Almost one per cent of households in Stevenage had no central heating in 2021, the same as in 2011.

Meanwhile, 3.6 per cent of people had a second address in 2021 - defined as an address that person stays at for more than 30 days per year and isn't their usual address.