Biggleswade and Potton coffee mornings bring in cash for Macmillan Cancer Support
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Coffee, cake and other tasty treats have helped raise money in the Biggleswade area to battle cancer during the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning initiative.
Biggleswade venues holding coffee mornings in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support included the Rosso Lounge in Market Square and Marks and Spencer on the A1 Retail Park, both of which held their events on Friday.
The town’s Treetops Nursery held their fundraiser the previous Saturday, and over in Potton on Friday there were plenty of kids’ activities at The George and Dragon’s coffee morning.
There were also coffee mornings at Arlesey’s Community Resource Centre, Stotfold’s Greenacre Centre and The Hair Factory in Henlow.
The Comet is yet to hear back about exact totals raised.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking ahead of the coffee mornings, Macmillan fundraiser Carla Pilsworth said this year’s event was set to raise more than £27 million in all.
She added: “Every coffee morning held for Macmillan will change a life.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 4 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 7 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 9 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 10 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home