�200m investment in schools takes major step forward
FAR-REACHING plans to transform education in Stevenage are about to take a major step forward. Launched by the Government, Building Schools for the Future (BSF) is a programme aimed at rebuilding, refurbishing or renewing every secondary school in England
FAR-REACHING plans to transform education in Stevenage are about to take a major step forward.
Launched by the Government, Building Schools for the Future (BSF) is a programme aimed at rebuilding, refurbishing or renewing every secondary school in England.
Herts County Council (HCC) has made Stevenage its top priority, securing a �200 million investment in the first of 12 area projects across Hertfordshire over the next 10 to 15 years.
HCC is holding a BSF Bidders' Day at Robertson House in Stevenage on February 9, inviting companies interested in becoming partners in the plans for Stevenage to come and find out more.
You may also want to watch:
The event will feature a series of seminars and presentations, including some by the headteachers and pupils from Marriotts, Nobel and Lonsdale schools, who will talk about their hopes for BSF and their schools.
"We are expecting our outline business case for Stevenage schools to be approved by the Government in February," said Simon Newland, director of BSF.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
"This is an unparalleled opportunity to transform schools in Stevenage."
For more information about BSF in Hertfordshire, visit www.hertsdirect.org/bsf