1980s star DJ Pat Sharp set to host slot on new Herts radio station
- Credit: Archant
A brand new digital radio station will launch in North Herts this Saturday with a show hosted by famous 1980’s DJ Pat Sharp.
The Beat will broadcast all the latest local news, travel and what’s on information for the county, as well as playing hits from the 80s, 90s and 00s.
DJ’s include former 80’s Capital Radio star Sharp playing all the hits on Saturday afternoons, and former Heart FM presenter Mikey Faulkner counting down the top 40 chart on Sunday’s.
Managing Director of The Beat, Darren Dorrington, is excited ahead of the stations launch this weekend.
“We’re really excited to be launching a new radio station for Herts.
You may also want to watch:
“With so many local events going on around here over the next few months, it’s going to be really exciting to launch a brand new local radio station and we hope everyone will switch us on from Saturday.”
The station will be available on DAB Digital Radio, as well as broadcasting online and on mobile devices.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 3 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 4 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 5 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 6 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 9 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals