Christmas comes early for one man with 12 days of fancy dress challenge
- Credit: Archant
Christmas has certainly come early for one man this year, as he will suit up for a special fundraiser for Age UK and North Herts and Stevenage Samaritans.
Father of two, Nick Jemetta, has already planned out his 12 days of Christmas fancy dress challenge, which starts today.
The 37-year-old, from Hitchin, is no stranger to fancy dress, having donned 20 different costumes during the first national lockdown for charities, raising more than £4,000 in the process.
READ MORE: Meet the Hitchin man aiming for a world record with his fancy dress fundraiser
This time around, Nick will wear 12 different Christmas-themed outfits for his work video calls, something he hopes will help people feel at ease when talking about difficult topics.
You may also want to watch:
Nick said he wanted to do something for our elderly community that will bring them festive cheer during a Christmas unlike any other.
“Choosing to raise money for Age UK Herts and North Herts Samaritans means these incredible charities can continue to provide support to local people who need it the most,” Nick said.
- 1 Confirmation that Stevenage Five Guys restaurant is coming soon
- 2 Appeal to sign petition over future of ancient woodland in Stevenage
- 3 How many people in Stevenage were fined for breaking COVID-19 laws?
- 4 SG1 regeneration officially under way as holding direction is lifted
- 5 New stewards employed to crack down on breaches of COVID-19 regulations
- 6 Man sentenced for smashing garage window, assault and drugs offences
- 7 Hitchin schoolboy Alex Kirk signs professional deal with Arsenal
- 8 'Incredible community spirit' pays for boy's medical chest brace after shock diagnosis
- 9 Do you have memories of Stevenage's Bowes Lyon skate park for history book?
- 10 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
“Taking on this challenge again has demonstrated the incredible spirit of our local community. Many of the costumes I’m going to wear were supplied at significant discount by Dance of Hitchin.
“I want to say a huge thank you to them – I’ve got some cracking costumes planned!”
To donate to Nick’s fundraiser, please visit: justgiving.com/team/12daysofchristmasfancydress