£10,000 worth of grants handed out
OVER £10,000 in grants was handed out at a presentation ceremony. Stevenage mayor designate Graham Clark presented cheques to groups and charities from across the town on behalf of the Stevenage Community Trust. Recipients included Barclay School, Pin Gr
OVER £10,000 in grants was handed out at a presentation ceremony.
Stevenage mayor designate Graham Clark presented cheques to groups and charities from across the town on behalf of the Stevenage Community Trust.
Recipients included Barclay School, Pin Green Community Association, St Nicholas Dance Club and the Stevenage Volunteer Agency.
The trust has now awarded a total of £50,000 worth of grants in this financial year.
Pat Henry, director of the trust, said: "I am delighted to see so many happy recipients receiving their money today.
"All this would not be possible without the support of local individuals and businesses that support the trust on a regular basis."
- 1 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 2 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 3 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 4 Decision on controversial Lord Lister application deferred
- 5 Permanent parking loss if outdoor seating plans approved
- 6 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 7 Hitchin Lavender named the most Instagrammed floral location in UK
- 8 Stevenage school in 'area of huge deprivation' wins national award
- 9 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 10 Hertfordshire businesses honoured in Muddy Stilettos Awards 2022
The next grant meeting will be held on June 5.
Any applications for a grant should be received at least a week before this. Grant forms are available online at www.stevenagecommunitytrust.org or by contacting the office on 01438 773368 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
* Stevenage Community Trust is also managing a community fund for water company Three Valleys Water. Grants are available for specific community projects in the villages around Stevenage. For more information, contact Pat Henry on 01438 773368 or Sue Pavey on 01707 277110, or via www.3valleys.co.uk