‘1 Million’ reasons why Stevenage’s talented Lewis can look forward to 2017
- Credit: Archant
A former Stevenage schoolboy who quit his job to follow his dream has had another busy year as his new album starts to attract attention.
Lewis Millard, who went to Moss Bury Primary School and The Nobel School, decided to say goodbye to the health and leisure industry to pursue a career as a music producer and mixer – and hasn’t looked back
The brave move was such a success that in 2016 Lewis – who celebrated his 25th birthday last month – made an album which attracted 3.5 million SoundCloud views, started producing music videos, worked with genuine hip hop royalty in the Wu-Tang Clan, and is in the process of writing a film screenplay.
On top of all that, hard-working Lewis has also mixed more than 2,000 songs – and was sponsored by an American company.
Lewis has also released an album titled ‘1 Million’, and told Venue: “My album features artists from all over the UK. All the tracks are mixed and mastered by myself and I have put local artists on it with big names like Rza and Kinetic.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m so happy I got the album out. A big thanks to all the fans for their support and views so far. I didn’t ever think it would get to that stage.
“The album’s name came from my music reaching one million plays on SoundCloud. I have to thank the Comet for their original story on me as it was vital to me reaching that number – and since then it’s reached four million views.”
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
Having also previously produced an album with artist Kinetic 9 – part of the hip-hop group Killarmy which is affiliated to the Wu-Tang Clan, described by critics as the most influential rap group of all time – it’s been a busy time for the music producer.
Next up for Lewis, who is sponsored by TH Custom Promos from Orlando, is working on a film this year with a good friend of his – but he told Venue he can’t say too much more than that at this stage.
For more on Lewis and his growing career visit www.iamLewisMillard.com. You can follow him on Twitter @iamLewisMillard, Facebook on IamLewisMillard and listen to his music at www.soundcloud.com/iamLewisMillard.