Stevenage man hospitalised with carbon monoxide poisoning after gas leak

PUBLISHED: 13:04 02 April 2013

An 82-year-old man was helped to safety by a paramedic

An 82-year-old man was helped to safety by a paramedic

Archant

AN ELDERLY man was taken to hospital after a gas leak left him suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Emergency services were called to a property in Holly Leys, Stevenage, at about midday on Good Friday after an 82-year-old man said he was feeling unwell.

The man was helped to safety by a paramedic before being taken to Lister Hospital in the town for treatment.

Firefighters entered the house, where a spokesman said there was a “strong smell of natural gas”, wearing breathing apparatus to ventilate the property.

A gas board was also called to identify the cause of the leak.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Comet. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the The Comet