Yes’ to change
I feel compelled to write with regards to the post office move and the refurbishment planned in Letchworth Garden City. My family, friends and I have lived in Letchworth all our lives and I have found that the majority of them are for the changes. What a
I feel compelled to write with regards to the post office move and the refurbishment planned in Letchworth Garden City.
My family, friends and I have lived in Letchworth all our lives and I have found that the majority of them are for the changes. What a shame that the chance to rebuild and be returned to a modern exciting environment could be missed by those shops on the Arena Parade and the enclosing areas. I love the town and the beauty of the area, but surely if we have the chance to improve on what we have we should take it?
And as for the post office, what difference would it make to the pensioners to get off the bus at a different stop? The post office hours are long and regular. If people used the post office at better times, the ridiculous queues would not take place in the first place. I can buy stamps from card shops, I can post a letter at any post box, I can get my foreign currency from a travel agents and I cannot even get my TV licence there anymore. The Post Office as a whole is perhaps a dying breed?
I always thought that The Comet was a good read with impartial views. However all I have read recently is 'say no to this' and 'we say no change to that'. Do you even print the letters that want change?
You may also want to watch:
What a shame that a town as beautiful and lively as Letchworth Garden City that is full of history has become the stereotypical 'we do not like change' place. I hope the changes and moves go ahead as planned and maybe in the future we can be remembered for our love of tradition and change!
Miss T SHEAD, Monklands, Letchworth GC
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Do you recognise these people?