WIN tickets to see the Rat Pack tribute act
- Credit: Archant
The Comet has teamed up with the producers of concert show Rat Pack Live to give our readers the chance of winning one of five pairs of tickets to see the spectacular production at the Cambridge Corn Exchange, on Saturday, March 8.
Boasting stars from the West End, a brand-new spectacular featuring the kings of swing – Sammy Davis Jnr, Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra – are coming to town.
Described as possessing “all the panache and attitude of Sammy, Dean and Frank during their Vegas heyday” hit show Rat Pack Live combines the sound of big band swing with an all-star cast.
Underlining just what impact the Rat Pack have had on the world of music, the show has a set list of an incredible 45 worldwide hits to choose from.
Featured hits include Everybody Loves Somebody, Volare and Memories Are Made Of This. Other hits include Black Magic, Me and My Shadow, Fly Me To The Moon, My Kind Of Town and My Way. Together there’s New York New York, Luck Be A Lady and The Lady Is A Tramp.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Halliday, has performed as Dean Martin to critical acclaim both in the West End of London and in international touring productions.
He also spent two years in the States creating the role of Hades in Disney’s new musical Hercules and has lead appearances in runaway touring hit shows Girls Night Out and Aspects Of Love under his belt.
- 1 Arrests made after assault leaves victim with lacerations to the head
- 2 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Custodial sentence 'sends strong message' to those carrying knives
- 6 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 7 Hitchin Beer and Cider Festival in pictures
- 8 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 9 Hospice volunteers mark Churchgate Day on the catwalk with vintage fashion show
- 10 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site
The evening’s Frank Sinatra and Sammy Davis Jnr exude similarly astounding stage presence.
Stephen Rashbrook, as Frank Sinatra, has played Ol’ Blue Eyes at the Strand, Savoy and Adelphi Theatres in the West End and on UK, European and US tours. His stage career has seen him appear with the likes of Dame Judi Dench, Ben Kingsley, Daniel Day Lewis at the National Theatre, in the West End and on Broadway.
Jim Whitley as Sammy Davis Jnr has toured the UK as both Sammy and Nat King Cole.
The former Manchester City footballer has previously performed alongside Judy Carmichael at New York’s famous Rainbow Rooms.
To be in with a chance of winning tickets for this great night out, just answer this simple question:
Rat Pack Live features tributes to Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jnr and which other famous crooner?
A) Alfred Hitchcock
B) Frank Sinatra
C) Oliver Cromwell
Text TC RatPack followed by your answer (A, B or C), and your name and postcode to 80058.
Texts cost £1, plus your standard network rate. Competition closes at midday on Thursday, February 20.
Usual promotion rules apply – visit www.thecomet24.co.uk Customer services 0844 3572403.