Win tickets to Battle Proms picnic concert at Hatfield House
BATTLE Proms returns to the grounds of stately home Hatfield House later this month – and The Comet has a superb competition for lovers of classical music.
Thousands of people are expected to attend the concert and fireworks in Hatfield Park on Saturday, July 21.
There will be a full two-hour programme of exquisite classical music performed by the renowned New English Concert Orchestra, plus all of the Last Night of the Proms favourites performed by soprano Denise Leigh.
Audiences will also be treated to an aerial display from a World War Two Spitfire, more than 200 live cannons, mounted Napoleonic skill-at-arms displays and fireworks to music at the climax of the concert.
The programme this year will also include an exciting addition in the form of the Blades Aerobatic Display Team – a leading group of former Red Arrows pilots renowned worldwide for flying precision aerobatics to the highest level.
You may also want to watch:
The Comet has teamed up with Battle Proms organisers to offer readers the chance to win tickets to the popular picnic proms.
Our lucky winner will receive four tickets to attend the concert with their family and friends, plus each party member will also receive a complimentary programme and a flag to wave during the sing-along finale.
- 1 Green light for 40-bed homeless shelter in Letchworth
- 2 Council tax to rise as Stevenage residents bear brunt of COVID-19 costs
- 3 New mass COVID-19 vaccine centre opens in Letchworth
- 4 GP surgery outstrips mass vaccination centre's COVID-19 jab rate
- 5 £10,000 fine handed to organisers of remembrance service that saw 150 attendees
- 6 Patients sing praises of new Letchworth vaccine centre
- 7 Family call on government to lower age of bowel cancer screenings after mum's death
- 8 Teenager charged with assisting offenders after Stevenage man's death
- 9 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 10 Family shares heartfelt tribute to 'wonderful son and father' Christopher
Adult tickets normally cost �33 each, rising to �38 on the gate, and can be bought in advance from www.battleproms.com – click on link above right.
To be in with a chance of winning four tickets to Battle Proms, simply answer the following question:
Which iconic World War Two plane is due to fly above Battle Proms?
To enter, text TC PROMS followed by your answer (A, B or C), and your name, address and postcode to 80058. Texts cost 50p plus your standard network rate.
* Terms and conditions: The competition closes at noon on Thursday, July 12, 2012.
There is one prize of four tickets. The winner will be the first correct entry selected at random after the closing date. Usual Archant competition rules apply – visit www.thecomet24.co.uk
Customer services 0207 633 5020.