Win a train ride to York with Pullman Style Dining
- Credit: Archant
This week the Comet has teamed up with The Cathedrals Express to offer two free Pullman Style Dining tickets for a trip to York, worth nearly £500.
The winners will board at Stevenage station and will be offered champagne and orange juice, accompanied by pastries, followed by a full English breakfast.
On Saturday, March 29, as the train, which is scheduled to be hauled by A4 class locomotive Sir Nigel Gresley, makes its way through stunning countryside, you can just sit back and relax in elegance and comfort in the 1950s wood panelled carriages.
The winners will arrive at York and will have four hours to explore the fascinating walled city, with its rich heritage and numerous historic attractions, including the impressive York Minster, the largest Gothic cathedral in northern Europe.
On the return journey the winners will be served a five course dinner, including canapés to start. Tea and coffee will be available throughout the journey.
Seats on board The Cathedrals Express trip to York are available in four classes ranging from premium standard at £99 where passengers will be seated at tables of four in open carriages and served with complimentary tea and coffee right up to Pullman-Style Dining at £239 which includes a two-course champagne breakfast on the outward journey and a five course dinner on the return journey.
For this special trip to York, The Cathedrals Express will also pick up passengers at Peterborough.
- 1 Rising costs see refill store in Letchworth close for good
- 2 Two men from North Herts wanted by police for failing to attend court
- 3 Family's car window smashed in overnight criminal damage
- 4 Missing 16-year-old from Letchworth found 'safe and well'
- 5 Apply for free tickets to see new season of The Masked Singer being filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Celebrating 50 years of Stevenage's Fairlands Valley Park
- 7 Baldock Charter Fair returns this week!
- 8 Stevenage boss won't paper over the cracks despite victory away to Crawley
- 9 Stevenage store wins Opticians of the Year award
- 10 Motorcyclist 'breaks leg and knee' in Stevenage crash
To book tickets, visit www.cathedralsexpress.co.uk or call the booking office on 01483 209888.
To be in with a chance of winning two Pullman Style Dining tickets worth £239 each, simply answer the following question:
Which locomotive is scheduled to haul the train to York on March 29?
A) Sir Alex Ferguson
B) Sir Nigel Gresley
C) Sir Ian McKellen
Text TC TRAIN followed by your answer (A, B or C), and your name and postcode to 80058.
Texts cost £1, plus your standard network rate. Competition closes at midday on Thursday, March 13.
Usual promotion rules apply – visit www.thecomet24.co.uk Customer services 0844 3572403.