Win a night of spice at Hitchin Priory
HOW do you fancy a tasty dinner for four cooked by a top local chef at Hitchin Priory?
Your chef for the night will be Hitchin-based Bipin Patel who has developed a unique Indian all-fresh curry paste to enable you to create a simple healthy but flavoursome curry at home in minutes.
The pastes are made from all-natural ingredients – no artificial colourings or flavourings, no additives or preservatives, gluten free and low in fat – just add your favourite vegetarian or meat ingredient for a quick and healthy way to create a fantastic truly authentic curry.
To experience this new and innovative curry, the first prize will see Bipin cook a delicious three-course meal for four people using his secret all-fresh all-natural ingredients.
Not only is this a chance to be spoilt with your own dedicated premier chef, you will also be dining in some of Hitchin’s finest surroundings.
Hitchin Priory is a charming 14th century building, set in 19 acres of magnificent gardens and parkland nestling on the River Hiz.
Steeped in history dating back to 1317, Hitchin Priory was later patronised by Henry VIII, and many original features remain, including cloisters, Monks Walk with its original beams, and large banqueting halls with grand fireplaces. Truly a stunning setting for your prize.
- 1 Stevenage's Forster Country: 'Secret plans' for car park and toilet block
- 2 Stevenage doctor 'filled with pride' after taking home national award
- 3 Four vehicles crash on A602 near Stevenage
- 4 All the Thameslink routes which will run during the early October strike
- 5 Residents report 30 ambulances queuing at Lister A&E
- 6 Wednesday rail strike action to hit commuter lines in Herts and Essex
- 7 Person dies after being hit by train between Hatfield and Finsbury Park
- 8 Man who exposed Jimmy Savile reveals work on another paedophile case
- 9 Woman's purse 'stolen' outside Stevenage Tesco
- 10 Beauty products worth 'thousands of pounds' stolen from Hitchin Sainsbury's
Ten runners-up will also win an all-natural all-authentic curry paste to create a real authentic mouth-watering curry at home.
There is a range of six different varieties of Bipins Masala, and you can buy three for �10.
Surti, Jeera, Methi, Garam, Machi and Sheek complete the range, each one offering a unique complement to chicken, lamb, fish, prawns, vegetables and quorn, with a full taste capturing the real essence of Surti Gujarati cuisine.
Each portion is enough to cook a flavour-packed curry for four people. The pots can be kept fresh in the fridge or frozen for immediate future use (no need to defrost), instantly releasing the flavour of over 20 fresh green Indian herbs and freshly ground whole spices. All you need to do to round off your meal is add a delcious coriander garnish at the end.
To place an order, or get free cooking tips and recipe ideas to create an authentic flavour packed curry, just go to www.bipins.co.uk
To be in with a chance of winning our meal for four, simply answer the following question:
What is the name of the fresh aromatic herb used to garnish a curry?
Send your answers with your name, address and a daytime contact number, to: Curry Competition; The Comet; Bank House; Primett Road; Stevenage SG1 3EE. Closing date is Tuesday, November 15.
Normal competition rules apply, the editor’s decision is final.