WIN!: A copy of the 2011 Good Beer Guide in conjunction with the Hitchin Beer Festival
Win a copy of the 2011 Good Beer Guide
It’s that time of year again! The Hitchin Beer Festival is due to take place in the Town Hall, starting on Friday 18th March (noon to 11pm) continuing through to Saturday 19th( 11 am to 11pm).
The festival is jointly arranged by Hitchin Round Table and North Herts Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) and continues to expand. The event has again ordered approximately 20% more volume than last year, that is more than 70 British beers and a good selection of cider, perry and foreign beers.
This years event is made even more special as it coincides with CAMRA turning 40 years old in the same week. CAMRA was founded in the most Westerly pub in Europe - Kruger’s Bar in Dunquin, Co Kerry, when four young men from the north west of England, Michael Hardman, Graham Lees, Bill Mellor and Jim Makin were on holiday. Fed up with the increasing bad quality of beer in Britain that was too fizzy, no character and no taste they decided to form a Campaign for the Revitalisation of Ale. In 1973 as membership numbers soared, the Campaign’s name was changed to the easier title of ‘Campaign for Real Ale’.
Subject to the recently publicised changes to Hitchin Town Hall, 2011 looks to be the last year that the Hitchin Beer festival will continue running in its current format. All the more reason to come along and support the event this year
You may also want to watch:
In conjunction with the festival, the Comet has agreed to run a competition with the prize being a copy of the ‘2011 Good Beer Guide’. In order to be in with a chance to win, please click the link in the top right hand corner of the page and answer the following question:
In what year was CAMRA formed?
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman
- 2 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
- 3 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 4 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 5 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 6 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 7 Town's multi-million pound investment is 'once in a generation' opportunity
- 8 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 9 More than £250,000 funding agreed for new Stevenage school
All entries to be received by 5pm on 25th March 2011 with the winner being contacted by email on Monday 28th March 2011 - Good luck and enjoy this years Hitchin Beer Festival
Terms and conditions: The winners will be chosen from all the correct entries received before this date. There is no cash alternative. No correspondence will be entered into. The editor’s decision is final.