WIN!: A copy of the 2011 Good Beer Guide in conjunction with the Hitchin Beer Festival
Win a copy of the 2011 Good Beer Guide
It’s that time of year again! The Hitchin Beer Festival is due to take place in the Town Hall, starting on Friday 18th March (noon to 11pm) continuing through to Saturday 19th( 11 am to 11pm).
The festival is jointly arranged by Hitchin Round Table and North Herts Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) and continues to expand. The event has again ordered approximately 20% more volume than last year, that is more than 70 British beers and a good selection of cider, perry and foreign beers.
This years event is made even more special as it coincides with CAMRA turning 40 years old in the same week. CAMRA was founded in the most Westerly pub in Europe - Kruger’s Bar in Dunquin, Co Kerry, when four young men from the north west of England, Michael Hardman, Graham Lees, Bill Mellor and Jim Makin were on holiday. Fed up with the increasing bad quality of beer in Britain that was too fizzy, no character and no taste they decided to form a Campaign for the Revitalisation of Ale. In 1973 as membership numbers soared, the Campaign’s name was changed to the easier title of ‘Campaign for Real Ale’.
Subject to the recently publicised changes to Hitchin Town Hall, 2011 looks to be the last year that the Hitchin Beer festival will continue running in its current format. All the more reason to come along and support the event this year
In conjunction with the festival, the Comet has agreed to run a competition with the prize being a copy of the ‘2011 Good Beer Guide’. In order to be in with a chance to win, please click the link in the top right hand corner of the page and answer the following question:
In what year was CAMRA formed?
- 1 Have your say on plans to redevelop The Forum in Stevenage
- 2 Letchworth pond tested and fish removed after animals found dead
- 3 Multiple homes burgled in Letchworth
- 4 All the Thameslink routes which will run during the early October strike
- 5 Over 55s invited to 'Ageing Together' event to improve housing needs
- 6 Education provider for children who struggle in school celebrates milestone
- 7 Baby Asian elephant calf named 'Queen' at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo
- 8 Standalone 10k keeps getting better and better says race boss
- 9 Stevenage Railway Station: Normal train service resumes after major repairs
- 10 Stevenage stabbings: Three men suffer life-changing injuries
All entries to be received by 5pm on 25th March 2011 with the winner being contacted by email on Monday 28th March 2011 - Good luck and enjoy this years Hitchin Beer Festival
Terms and conditions: The winners will be chosen from all the correct entries received before this date. There is no cash alternative. No correspondence will be entered into. The editor’s decision is final.