WIN!: A copy of the 2011 Good Beer Guide in conjunction with the Hitchin Beer Festival
Win a copy of the 2011 Good Beer Guide
It’s that time of year again! The Hitchin Beer Festival is due to take place in the Town Hall, starting on Friday 18th March (noon to 11pm) continuing through to Saturday 19th( 11 am to 11pm).
The festival is jointly arranged by Hitchin Round Table and North Herts Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) and continues to expand. The event has again ordered approximately 20% more volume than last year, that is more than 70 British beers and a good selection of cider, perry and foreign beers.
This years event is made even more special as it coincides with CAMRA turning 40 years old in the same week. CAMRA was founded in the most Westerly pub in Europe - Kruger’s Bar in Dunquin, Co Kerry, when four young men from the north west of England, Michael Hardman, Graham Lees, Bill Mellor and Jim Makin were on holiday. Fed up with the increasing bad quality of beer in Britain that was too fizzy, no character and no taste they decided to form a Campaign for the Revitalisation of Ale. In 1973 as membership numbers soared, the Campaign’s name was changed to the easier title of ‘Campaign for Real Ale’.
Subject to the recently publicised changes to Hitchin Town Hall, 2011 looks to be the last year that the Hitchin Beer festival will continue running in its current format. All the more reason to come along and support the event this year
You may also want to watch:
In conjunction with the festival, the Comet has agreed to run a competition with the prize being a copy of the ‘2011 Good Beer Guide’. In order to be in with a chance to win, please click the link in the top right hand corner of the page and answer the following question:
In what year was CAMRA formed?
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 5 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 8 Do you recognise these people?
- 9 Drugs, weapons and cash recovered as man arrested in Beds village
- 10 Have your say on parking restriction plans
All entries to be received by 5pm on 25th March 2011 with the winner being contacted by email on Monday 28th March 2011 - Good luck and enjoy this years Hitchin Beer Festival
Terms and conditions: The winners will be chosen from all the correct entries received before this date. There is no cash alternative. No correspondence will be entered into. The editor’s decision is final.