Why pick on the noisy cars’
I would like to reply to the letter car noise is a nuisance (September 28). I agree that the modified cars do tend to make a lot of noise, so do mopeds. The young lads on mopeds often ride around the same neighbourhood for hours, often with passengers w
I would like to reply to the letter "car noise is a nuisance" (September 28). I agree that the modified cars do tend to make a lot of noise, so do mopeds. The young lads on mopeds often ride around the same neighbourhood for hours, often with passengers who are not wearing crash helmets. I see plenty of aggressive driving, mostly by men over thirty and they are not in modified cars.
The writer wants the police to target the lads with the cars, believe me, they do! Does this person know any of the young people in these cars? I do, they are mainly a decent bunch, and they love their cars. When one has a problem, all the others come to help, don't we all want friends like that? The writer thinks that the car noise is antisocial behaviour, I think that people who go out leaving a dog barking all day every day without a care for their neighbours is antisocial behaviour, should I tell police to target them as well?
The writer obviously does not live near any local shops, or he/she would have nightly antisocial behaviour from large groups of youths, without cars.
As for the police racing around in cars, racing is usually accompanied by blue flashing lights and sirens going to an emergency, surely we expect that of them, don't we?
You may also want to watch:
NAME AND ADDRSS WITHHELD
- 1 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 2 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 7 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 8 No positives for Revell as Boro meekly surrender to Forest Green Rovers
- 9 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 10 Guns and drugs arrest man in court over bail breach