What use the CCTV
SIR – I often wonder what the two CCTV cameras in Chells Way, one opposite the Glebe shopping centre and the other outside the centre for the handicapped, do. One small window was broken and rubbish was strewn there at the DIY shop and around the corner c
SIR - I often wonder what the two CCTV cameras in Chells Way, one opposite the Glebe shopping centre and the other outside the centre for the handicapped, do.
One small window was broken and rubbish was strewn there at the DIY shop and around the corner car park at the Enterprise Centre Business site. Graffiti is written all over the wall of one unit, all within range of the CCTV camera outside the handicapped centre. When I look at the camera, it seems interested in watching cars coming up Chells Way.
The other camera faces across the road into the street where children from the local school in Mobbsbury Way congregate at lunchtimes and scatter their rubbish from food and drink, although there are bins provided. But there again, that camera seems to be more interested in traffic. I have never heard of anyone prosecuted for the above offences.
P J SMITH
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 3 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 6 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 7 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 10 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes