What use the CCTV
SIR – I often wonder what the two CCTV cameras in Chells Way, one opposite the Glebe shopping centre and the other outside the centre for the handicapped, do. One small window was broken and rubbish was strewn there at the DIY shop and around the corner c
SIR - I often wonder what the two CCTV cameras in Chells Way, one opposite the Glebe shopping centre and the other outside the centre for the handicapped, do.
One small window was broken and rubbish was strewn there at the DIY shop and around the corner car park at the Enterprise Centre Business site. Graffiti is written all over the wall of one unit, all within range of the CCTV camera outside the handicapped centre. When I look at the camera, it seems interested in watching cars coming up Chells Way.
The other camera faces across the road into the street where children from the local school in Mobbsbury Way congregate at lunchtimes and scatter their rubbish from food and drink, although there are bins provided. But there again, that camera seems to be more interested in traffic. I have never heard of anyone prosecuted for the above offences.
P J SMITH
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Seven things that are gone but not forgotten in Stevenage
- 2 Gardens and dinosaur trail reopening at weekends at Knebworth House
- 3 Patients sing praises of new Letchworth vaccine centre
- 4 Green light for 40-bed homeless shelter in Letchworth
- 5 Stalker jailed after six month period that left victim 'powerless'
- 6 Rewind: A mysterious corner shop killing that shaped the future of British policing
- 7 GP surgery outstrips mass vaccination centre's COVID-19 jab rate
- 8 Council tax to rise as Stevenage residents bear brunt of COVID-19 costs
- 9 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 10 New mass COVID-19 vaccine centre opens in Letchworth