What use the CCTV
SIR – I often wonder what the two CCTV cameras in Chells Way, one opposite the Glebe shopping centre and the other outside the centre for the handicapped, do. One small window was broken and rubbish was strewn there at the DIY shop and around the corner c
SIR - I often wonder what the two CCTV cameras in Chells Way, one opposite the Glebe shopping centre and the other outside the centre for the handicapped, do.
One small window was broken and rubbish was strewn there at the DIY shop and around the corner car park at the Enterprise Centre Business site. Graffiti is written all over the wall of one unit, all within range of the CCTV camera outside the handicapped centre. When I look at the camera, it seems interested in watching cars coming up Chells Way.
The other camera faces across the road into the street where children from the local school in Mobbsbury Way congregate at lunchtimes and scatter their rubbish from food and drink, although there are bins provided. But there again, that camera seems to be more interested in traffic. I have never heard of anyone prosecuted for the above offences.
P J SMITH
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 2 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 3 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 4 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 5 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 6 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 7 The beach is back! Hitchin to welcome the return of sun and sand for the ultimate staycation
- 8 New mental health unit earmarked for Stevenage
- 9 A family affair and club history make it a special day for Letchworth
- 10 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats